Tuesday, 27 August 2013
This box contains of :
1. Salmon and sweet potato patties (recipe as below)
2. Pork dumplings
4. Onigiri sprinkled with salmon furikake
5. Corn kernel
6. Sausage and lettuce
Salmon and Sweet Potato Patties Recipe
600g orange sweet potato, peeled chopped into even-sized pieces
210g can no-added-salt red salmon, drained, skin and bones removed, flaked
125g can corn kernels, drained
35g (½ cup) fresh breadcrumbs, made from day-old wholemeal grain bread
2 green shallots, finely chopped
50g egg, lightly whisked
Freshly ground black pepper
45g (½ cup) dried breadcrumbs
1. Cook the sweet potato in a steamer basket over a large saucepan of simmering water. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the sweet potato to dry out.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Put the sweet potato in a large bowl. Mash until smooth. Add the salmon, corn, fresh breadcrumbs, shallot and egg. Season with pepper. Mix until well combined. Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions, then shape into patties. Put the dried breadcrumbs on a large plate. Coat each patty in breadcrumbs.
3. Divide the patties between the baking trays. Spray each side with cooking spray. Cook in oven, turning once, for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through.