I found that by baking goods on the weekend, will make packing lunches easier, especially when you are having a busy morning routine.
This time, I shared two baking recipes that are very fast and easy yet delicious. Recipe as below :
Easy Salmon Quiche
by Mindfood; serve : 6
2 spring onions, sliced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
200g smoked salmon
1 sheet puff pastry
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Grease a 22cm fluted pie tin.
3. Line dish with puff pastry, trimming excess.
4. Line pastry with baking paper, half fill with rice or pastry weights.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Remove paper and bake for a further 10 minutes.
7. Combine salmon, spring onions and cheese in a bowl. Whisk eggs and cream in a separate jug, before pouring over the salmon mixture. Season well. Pour over cooled pastry base and return to the oven until set (around 30 minutes).
notes : add sprigs of dill to enhance the flavour.
Apple Yogurt Cinnamon Muffins
(makes 15 Muffins)
1 1/2 cups Self raising flour
1/2 cup Caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
180ml Vanilla yoghurt (1 child sized tub)
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
2 Medium apples, cored, peeled and diced
1. Pre heat oven to 180c (160c fan forced) Line muffin tin.
2. Beat all wet ingredients in a bowl.
3. Mix in dry ingredients.
4. Fold in diced apple.
5. Spoon into muffin cases.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
For my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Easy salmon quiche
2. Fried wonton with sweet chili sauce
3. Apple yogurt cinnamon muffin
4. Dutch beef croquette (recipe here)
5. Segmented Navel orange for recess
For my youngest son, I prepared :
1. Sandwich with butter, chocolate sprinkle and cheese slice filling.
2. Fried wonton
3. Dutch beef croquette
4. Carrot stacks
5. Kiwi fruit for recess