We had chicken roast leftover, so I decided to make wrap for the kids' lunch boxes. The wrap contains roast chicken, wrap, grated carrot, lettuce, avocado, roma tomato with cheese, sour cream and BBQ sauce. I sticked in Panda foodpick for extra cuteness.
Alongside the wrap, I added bitterballens (Dutch Beef Croquettes)for them. Here I share you the recipe :
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup beef broth
1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 pound), cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I used Corned beef instead)
1 small carrot, diced
1 small celery stick, diced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1-1/3 cups dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon milk
1 teaspoon canola oil
Oil for deep-fat frying
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Stir in flour until smooth.
3. Gradually add broth; bring to a boil.
4. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
5. Carefully add meat/corned beef, cook and stir for 2-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
6. Add diced carrot and celery, stir for another 1 minutes.
7. Stir in the salt, nutmeg and pepper.
8. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until chilled.
9. Place bread crumbs in a small shallow bowl. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil.
10. Drop meat mixture by tablespoonfuls into bread crumbs; shape into balls. 11. Dip meatballs in egg mixture, then coat again with crumbs.
12. In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375°.
13. Fry meatballs, a few at a time, for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
14. Drain on paper towels.
Details for the bento boxes as below :
For my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Chicken wrap
3. Corn on the cob
4. Carrot sticks
5. Watermelon cuts for recess
My youngest son had the similar lunches with his big brother, but he had banana for recess instead.
The lunches were packed in Easy Lunchboxes and decorated with Panda foodpick. You may find them here: