I saw the idea of making dolphins out of banana from Pinterest before. It's pretty interesting, so I tried to make them for the kids, and they love it!
This time I made similar bentos for my kids, each with :
1. Mini arancini balls (recipe below)
2. Corn on the cob
3. Pork Siomay and tomato ketchup
4. Sliced cheese, lettuce and julienne carrot wrapped in ham.
5. Carrot sticks
6. Banana for recess
Mini Arancini Balls Recipe
4 cups vegetable stock
75 g butter
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup sliced bacon
1 cup sliced button mushroom
1 ⅓ cups Arborio rice
½ cup dry white wine
⅓ cup finely grated hard cheese
Salt and ground pepper
1⅓ cups dried breadcrumbs
Oil to shallow or deep fry
1. Place the stock in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and then reduce
2. Heat the butter in a large, heavy based saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion softens. Then add bacon and mushroom and cook for few minutes until soften.
4. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute or until the rice appears slightly glassy.
5. Add wine and cook until it has all been absorbed.
6. Add a ladleful of the stock and stir with a wooden spoon until all liquid has been absorbed.
Repeat process until all stock has been used.
7. Cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender yet firm and the risotto is a creamy
8. Remove from the heat and add the cheese. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
9. Set aside to cool for 1 hour.
10. Add egg to the mixture and stir until well combined.
11. Roll 1 tablespoon of mixture into a ball.
12. Roll in the breadcrumbs and shallow fry them until they are golden brown.
Bento tools I used for the ham :