Finger foods are great filler for lunch box. Usually I make them in bulk on the weekend, then freeze them. It really saves my time for morning preparation. And by making it your own, you can control the ingredients and also you can put variety of vegetables like grated carrot, grated zucchini, etc.
Here is the Homemade Beef Sausage Rolls recipe :
500 grams sausage mince
half an onion – diced thinly
mixed herbs (thyme, oregano, parsley or else)
1 medium carrot and/or zucchini - grated
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 sheets puff pastry
In a bowl, mix the sausage mince, diced onion, egg, mixed herbs and grated veggies together. Season well with salt and pepper. Add the breadcrumbs and again mix well.
Wrap up the mince in the puff pastry, brush with milk, sprinkle with sesame seed and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown.
For my little one, I prepared :
1. Beef sausage rolls
2. Ham, corn and vegetables muffin (recipe is in here)
3. Beef and prawn dumpling with tomato sauce
4. Milk jelly with nata de coco
5. Carrot sticks
6. Watermelon cuts for recess
For my eldest one, I prepared :
1. Homemade beef sausage rolls with BBQ sauce
2. Beef and prawn dumpling
4. "Monster" hard boiled egg (cheese, black sesame seed, and carrot)
5. Milk jelly with nata de coco
7. Watermelon for recess