Kids need variety. I often try some new recipes and this time I made Kue Pukis (Indonesian coconut milk cake) and Chicken Ragout Pastry.
Here I share the Chicken Ragout Pastry recipe :
2 pcs store bought puff pastry, thawed
1 onion, chopped
125 g chicken, cubed
150 g carrots, boiled and cubed
150 g potatoes, boiled and cubed
50 g peas
125 ml milk
75 g flour
200 ml chicken stock
1 1/2 tbsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
30 g Chinese celery
1/2 cup oil
1. Heat oil over medium heat.
2. Stir-fry onion until translucent, about 3 minutes.
3. Add chicken pieces, cook for about 3 more minutes.
4. Combine carrot, potatoes and peas into the wok.
5. Continue cooking until all ingredients are well distributed, about 2 minutes.
6. Season with nutmeg, pepper and salt.
7. Add chopped celery and mix well.
8. Add flour and stir continuously for 5 minutes.
9. Pour milk and chicken stock into the wok.
10. Let simmer for 5 minutes, till the mixture thickens, stirring a couple of times to ensure even cooking.
11. Turn off heat and let cool.
1. Cut 1 piece of puff pastry into 4 square.
2. Take one square, then put a heap spoon of filling in the corner.
3. Then fold the square into triangular shaped
4. Crimp the edges or press the edges with fork until sealed.
5. Repeat for all the puff pastry
Bake it 180C for about 30 minutes until it turns brown.
For my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Chicken ragout pastry
2. Kue Pukis
3. Grapes jelly
4. Carrot sticks
5. Pineapple cuts for recess
I use Easy Lunchbox, you may find it here :