Another yummy recipe for the boys, perfect for school lunch or snack after school. Here I share you the recipe :
Macaroni, Broccoli, and Bacon Loaf
- 1 layer of store-bought puff pastry, thawed
- 225 gr Macaroni, boiled until al dente
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g middle bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 1 bunch of broccoli, boiled and chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
2. Grease a 6cm-deep, 10cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan.
3. Line base and sides with puff pastry. Prick it with fork randomly.
4. Boil macaroni in salty water until al dente. Set aside.
5. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat.
6. Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook, stir often, for 4 to 5 minutes until bacon is starting to brown. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
7. Add bacon mixture, chopped broccoli, cheese, flour and egg to macaroni.
8. Season, and mix until well combined.
9. Pour into prepared pan.
10. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden and firm.
11. Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
12. Transfer loaf to a chopping board and slice.
13. Serve it with tomato ketchup or sweet chili sauce.
For my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Macaroni, broccoli, and bacon loaf with sweet chili sauce
2. Homemade apple pie
3. Honey dew jelly
4. Rockmelon cuts for recess
A similar lunch for my youngest son, but he preferred tomato ketcup for the loaf instead.