During school holidays, the boys are always hungry. This afternoon, I tried to whip up some ingredients in the pantry and made these white chocolate, pistachios and oat cookies.
The original recipe is from Better Home and Garden. It is called white chocolate, walnut and oat biscuits. But I swapped the walnut with pistachios and it tasted delicious!
Here I share the recipe :
White Chocolate, Pistachios and Oat Cookies
Adapted from Better Home and Garden
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 50ml hot milk
- 225g butter, chopped
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g pistachios, finely chopped
- 175g white cooking chocolate, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 3 oven trays with baking paper.
2. Put oats and milk in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium, using paddle attachment, until pale and fluffy, then beat in egg.
4. Add flour, baking powder, pistachios, chocolate and oat mixture. Stir until combined.
5. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
6. Arrange on prepared trays, 4cm apart.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool on trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.