Friday 5 June 2015

Minecraft Birthday Cakes


It was my eldest son's birthday last month. He turned 9. As usual, I always ask the birthday boy about his birthday theme. And this time, he chose Minecraft. It is no brainer actually since he really loves this game so much and plays together with his little brother.

So I started my research in the internet, and got some great ideas. I had to make 30 cupcakes for his teacher and classmates. 
I found that the White Almond Sour Cream (WASC) Cake recipe is the best to my liking and so easy to make. You may find the recipe here.
And for the fondant, I made marshmallow fondant, and here is the recipe :

Marshmallow Fondant Recipe
source : Angelfoods.net

Ingredients :
400 gm marshmallows (white for white fondant)
4 tbsp water
800 gr icing sugar
copha, melted

Method
1. Place marshmallows in a large microwavable bowl.  
2. Pour water over the marshmallows.
3. Microwave for 1-2 minutes.  
4. Stir until the marshmallows are melted.
5. Stir through 600 gr icing sugar.
6. Pour melted copha (about 4 tbsp) onto your work bench.
7. Put 200 gr icing sugar on the copha and pour the melted marshmallows onto the icing sugar.  
8. Start kneading the marshmallow, incorporating the remaining icing sugar. 
9. Add more icing sugar if it is too soft.
10. Knead for approx 10 minutes until the end result is not sticky anymore.


notes : This recipe makes 1.2 kg of fondant.




And for the birthday cake, I still used the WASC recipe. But this time, I used the chocolate flavour cake mix and replaced the sour cream with plain yogurt, and it tasted so divine!


3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Ben loves it too, I wish I was half as talented, fondant scares me. ;)

    Thanks so much for linking up to WKEW, your one of my picks for this week's favorites! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first, fondant scared me too, but I found marshmallow fondant is quite easy to make and handle. What an honour to be picked as fave. Thanks for choosing mine :)

      Delete
  2. Minecraft server list Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete