Wednesday 11 February 2015

Chicken Nuggets Wraps


My sons love wraps so much. But this time, I ran out of lettuce in my fridge :( Since my youngest son does not really like broccoli on its own. I cut it small, then put it inside the wrap to add some green in his diet. And he didn't mind at all to eat broccoli in the wrap. Kids' are funny, huh ?

For the chicken nuggets recipe, I adapted from Popcorn chicken recipe from Better Home and Gardens with a little bit of twist to my liking. 

Chicken Nuggets Recipe

Ingredients
600g chicken breast fillets
1 cup plain flour
2 Tbsp cajun seasoning
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp icing sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
4 eggwhites
125ml milk
2 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup shredded cheese
Vegetable oil, for deep-frying

Method
1. Using a meat mallet, pound chicken to 1cm thick. Cut into 2cm squares. Combine flour, seasoning, onion powder and sugar in a bowl. Season well. Put eggwhites and milk in a separate bowl and mix to combine. Put breadcrumbs & shredded cheese in a third bowl.

2. Toss 1 chicken piece in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in eggwhite mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat eggwhite and breadcrumb stages to create a thick double crumb. Repeat double-crumbing with remaining chicken pieces.


3. Pour oil into a large heavy-based saucepan to 3cm deep and heat to 180°C on a cook’s thermometer. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towel. 



For my youngest son, I prepared :
1. Chicken nuggets wraps (wraps, nuggets, bbq sauce, grated carrot, broccoli, cheese and ham)
2. Corn on the cob
3. Carrot sticks
4. Datemaki (sweet rolled omelette)
5. Homemade fried fish ball
6. Yogurt for recess



For my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Chicken nuggets wraps (wraps, nuggets, bbq sauce, grated carrot, cheese and ham)
2. Corn on the cob
3. Carrot sticks and broccoli
4. Datemaki (sweet rolled omelette)
5. Homemade fried fish ball
6. Green seedless grapes for recess

The cute foodpicks in this post can be found here :





No comments:

Post a Comment