I'm a big fan of My Kitchen Rules TV show and this pork fennel sausage rolls recipe by Ash and Camilla is absolut delish!
PORK FENNEL SAUSAGE ROLLS
Adapted from Ash and Camilla's (MKR) recipe
1 tbs fennel seeds
1 tbs mustard seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
100g streaky bacon, finely chopped
200g pork mince
200g veal mince
50g (½ cup) breadcrumbs
1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
1 orange, zested
1.Dry-fry seeds and cumin in a small frying pan over medium heat for 1 minute or until fragrant.
2. Using a mortar and pestle, grind spices to a paste.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
4. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
5. Add bacon and cook, stirring, until golden.
6. Stir in spices. Cook for a further 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
7. Transfer to a bowl and add remaining ingredients.
8. Using your hands, mix to combine.
9. Place a quarter of the filling along the centre of one pastry sheet.
10. Roll to enclose. Cut into three pieces. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
11. Place sausage rolls on prepared tray.
12. Brush with egg, then sprinkle with combined fennel and poppy seeds.
13. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden.
The boys had similar lunches, it consists of :
1. Pork fennel sausage rolls with tomato ketchup
2. Corn on the cob
3. Spring roll
And for recess they had strawberry yogurt and banana.