Couscous is a wheat product and is very popular in the Middle East. It can be used as a fluffy grain alternative to rice. Here I share a couscous recipe that is so scrumptious and very easy to make.
Moroccan Chicken and Vegetable Couscous
475 g chicken thigh fillets
Moroccan spice mix as needed
2 cups water/chicken stock
325 g Instant couscous, (uncooked)
2 Lebanese cucumber, diced
1 medium red tomato, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 handful sultanas
1/2 bunch parsley, minced
1 garlic, minced
1 lemon, medium (grate the rind and squeeze the lemon)
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper as needed
1. Sprinkle the Moroccan spice mix over the chicken thigh fillets until well covered, then grill them until cooked.
2. Prepare the dressing. Mix all the ingredients in a glass jar with the lid, and shake it vigorously until well mixed.
3. Boil water/chicken stock and pour over the couscous in a mixing bowl. Stir for 30 seconds and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. With a fork, loosen the couscous to break up any large clumps.
4. Pour the diced vegetables and the sultanas into a large mixing bowl, mix well.
5. Sprinkle the parsley and pour the dressing over the vegetables couscous and mix in well.
6. Serve with grilled chicken on the side.
I prepared this bento for my husband's lunch. Inside the box :
1. Vegetables couscous
2. Grilled Moroccan chicken
3. Checker apple
You may find similar silicon cups here :