The boys had quite different lunches for today. My eldest son loves to eat rice so he had the onigiri bento lunch, while the youngest one chose to have wrap for his lunch.
Although the boys don't really like tofu, I tried to incorporate tofu into the tofu and sausage roulade, and they don't mind at all!
Here I shared you the recipe :
Tofu and sausage Roulade
300 gr white tofu
100 gr prawn, minced
1 pcs carrot, grated
1 pcs spring onion, sliced
1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
1 tsp caster sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
salt per taste
frankfurt sausage as needed
For frying :
1 egg, whisked
Vegetable/ Canola oil as needed
1. Blend tofu until smooth, then mix with the other ingredients except the sausages.
2. Take a little mixture and fry it. Then taste it. You can adjust the flavour as necessary.
3. Assemble the roulade using cling wrap, flatten the mixture as needed, then put the sausage on top, then roll the cling wrap and tighten both side.
4. Steam the roulade for around 20 minutes until cooked.
5. Set aside and let them cool in the fridge for a few hours.
6. Cut the roulade around 2 cm thick, dip in the egg mixture and fry until cooked.
7. Serve the roulade with tomato ketchup or sweet chili sauce
For my youngest son, I prepared :
1. Chicken wrap (with lettuce, grated carrot, roast chicken fillet, BBQ sauce, and cheese filling)
2. Fish cakes and tomato ketchup
3. Corn on the cob
4. Carrot sticks
5. Apple cuts for recess
And for my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Onigiri (decorated with nori and panda sticks)
2. Prawn tempura
3. Tofu and sausage roulades with tomato ketchup
4. Corn on the cob
5. Lettuce and carrot salad
6. Apple cuts for recess
Bento tool I used for this post :