My youngest boy is really into superheroes. It's really worth the effort how his eyes was light-up and his beautiful smile rose when I showed him this bento.
It consists of :
1. Spiderman sandwich (eggsheet and nori)
2. Sam-Sam cheese (red & white eggsheet, cut of red straw for the ears, and nori).
3. "Doctor Octopus" sausages
4. Apple checker and cherry
5. Half boiled egg
The round box consists of : steamed rice, "frog" cucumber with "lilypad"eggsheet, and "fish" carrot.
The rectangle box consists of :
1. Hard boiled egg
2. Baby corn cooked with mushroom
3. Young jackfruit cooked in coconut cream
The Incredibles is my preschooler's favourite movie, he watched it over and over again. This bento box consists of :
1. Homemade pastry bake (puff pastry, cheese, tomato sauce, and bacon)
2. Ham flower
3. Mr. Incredible hard boiled egg
4. Strawberry monster
5. Broccoli, cucumber and carrot flowers
This bento box consists of :
1. Steamed rice with carrot flowers on top (carrot, black sesame seed, corriander leaf)
2. Sausages and chicken roast
3. "Chicken" hard boiled egg (nori and carrot)
4. Brussel sprout and lentil salad
This bento consists of :
1. Onigiri covered with furikake
2. Eggplant cooked with mince chicken, Szechuan pepper and corriander leaf.
3. Beef satay with peanut sauce
4. Okra cooked with prawn, tomato and chili.
5. Lemon wedges.
This box consists of sleepy koala made of onigiri (steamed rice coloured with soy sauce) and nori, corn on the cob for the body, covered with cheese blanket with star carrot on top. Put little corriander leaf for the green.
The tortoise is made of steamed rice mixed with soy sauce to create a body. Cover it with cuts of ham. For legs, tail, and head, I used sausages. Put nori & black sesame seed for its eyes and nostril. For side, I put broccoli, red radish shaped as flowers, and rolled ham.