Wednesday 14 October 2015

Egg Witches Bento


The holiday is over and the boys are ready to enter term 4.  We start the day with our first Halloween-themed bento, the Egg Witches bento. 
I've prepared the mummy-dogs and the creepy finger pastry the night before, so I don't need to rush in the morning.

To make the mummy-dogs, I wrapped sliced puff pastry around the Kransky cheese, and baked them until the pastry cooked and turned slightly brown. And for the creepy fingers, I cut the puff pastry in triangular shaped, then rolled it one by one until it formed like finger, and then baked them until it turned  slightly brown.  After it cooled down, I brushed a little red food colouring in the pointy bit of the pastry like fingernail.

Details as below :



For my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Mummy-dog
2. Creepy finger
3. Corn on the cob
4. Ghost egg witch (hard boiled egg and nori)
5. Jack O'Lanterns (carrot with nori)
6. Apple cuts for recess



For my eldest son, I prepared :
1. Mummy-dog
2. Creepy finger
3. Corn on the cob
4. Jack O'Lantern egg witch (hard boiled egg and nori)
5. Jack O'Lanterns (carrot with nori)
6. Kiwi fruit for recess

Similar bento tools for today post :



No comments:

Post a Comment